Wednesday, December 4, 2013

no recovery

Back from yet another incredible adventure, and who would think it, but I'm not surprised, I wasn't surprised, not in the least. I found it wonderfully irksome, having to visit, to fly, to keep my mouth shut, not that I entirely did, but I also recognized it as a fantastic privilege, being invited, right into the sanctuary. The radiation, of ten hours in space, ferried along by United, packed into a series of luxurious tin cans with a hundred thousand other budget travelers, all their parts humming, the wings dipping in around the clouds and rain, in the night, baked all this experience into me, forever.

I was proud of how I just went back into my routine, so that Peapod was reassured, and the other cats gathered around me, and I was aching, and I filled the bath ceremonially, desperate for peace, lighting incense, though it was just futility. The nutty woman beside me had said, "I know I am not going to sleep tonight," and, "it's so good to be home," but I was determined, could think of nothing but getting to work in the morning, whatever that might bring, and eventually did sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment